[NTLK] Einstein: new release / Android Builds?
Matthias Melcher
m.melcher at robowerk.de
Tue Sep 22 03:13:27 PDT 2026
> On 22. Sep 2026, at 11:47, Vincent Juliano via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:
>
> I have been compiling and using the Android build for a little while now. I have been pretty happy with it. I was mostly asking if I pulled down the new change sets and rebuilt, if the new code would be part of the build and reachable, or if additional work would be needed to include it in the relevant source tree.
Which version of the Android port do you compile? Do you use any of the official GitHub code, or is that a separate branch?
There is a hand-rooled version form 10+ years ago that I wrote without knowing much of Android development and without AI.
A second Android approach is paart of the current git master. It uses SDL as the abstraction layer, keeping all the Android details hidden. It does compile and run already, but is otherwise very minimal without any additional user interface besides the bare NewtonOS emulation.
- Matthias
More information about the NewtonTalk
mailing list