[NTLK] Removing Password on MP2000

brianadams102 at gmail.com brianadams102 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 19:12:11 PDT 2024

> Did you try doing a reboot?  Press the reset button (quick press not a
long one) on the back with the card inserted.  Battering Ram Pro should do
it but I don't ? > think it will work unless the newt is being rebooted.  In
general you don't want to press the button with a card inserted, but in this
case it is the only way.  There > have been cases with some cards being
damaged when inserted while the reset button is pushed.  Apparently it is
with certain flash cards, but I don't recall if
> we ever found out exactly which ones would and would not other than the
Apple branded ones didn't seem to.  I also seem to recall the Intel series
2, 2+ and ? > value 100 cards were also okay.

> On second thought there is another way, pull all power and let it sit for
a few minutes (or even longer).  Then with the card inserted, plug in the
power and turn > it on.  It should do a full reboot then.

> -Dan

Yes, I have tried rebooting it. It will always activate the package, play
the crumpling animation and sound... and then just sit there at a black
screen with the owner information.

I'm going to guess that the compatibility info out there is incorrect, and
it doesn't work on Newton OS 2.1...

Any other insights? Perhaps other methods?

Cheers,

-Brian