[NTLK] eMate 300 Infrared Repair

Victor Rehorst victor at chuma.org
Wed Sep 20 09:29:26 PDT 2023

I do, However, the IR hardware is neatly enclosed in a metal shroud -
perhaps extra shielding, because it's right next to the power supply
circuit?

Peeking underneath, there's two IR LED blasters, an IR receiver, some
SMT passives, and at least one IC - can't make out the markings though,
but there's a decent chance that it's an LT1328 IrDA/ASK receiver IC.

Later tonight I'll be able to desolder the shroud and take a good photo.