[NTLK] eMate 300 Infrared Repair

Victor Rehorst victor at chuma.org
Wed Sep 20 14:20:59 PDT 2023

OK, I removed the metal shroud and took some photos.

Under the shroud:
https://dl3.pushbulletusercontent.com/fad8OYRCdHHGzG35L3QbvOqkkzDagaiH/IMG_20230920_165840.jpg

The IC is a CS8130 IrDA/ASK transceiver with UART host interface:
https://www.mouser.ca/datasheet/2/76/cs8130_f1-1160092.pdf

The receiving photodiode has the letters KP stamped onto the back.  The
CS8130 datasheet's example schematics specify a BPV23NF photodiode as a
receiver, and TSHA5502 as transmitter LEDs.  The photodiode is still a
currently available part; the TSHA5502 has been replaced by the TSHA5500.

The passives are on the other side of the board, here's a photo of that
area:

https://dl3.pushbulletusercontent.com/sCToe6cpejitqZIqF7vLlFp8WKd8LchX/IMG_20230920_165737.jpg

Hope that helps!

-V