[NTLK] Mp2000 stylus tips

Gary McQueen GMMcQueen at bell.net
Sun Nov 19 19:51:24 PST 2023

If one is not too concerned about the stylus fitting into the slot when not in use, I have found a quick-and-dirty solution in a Bic mechanical pencil -- all-plastic, including tip -- with lead retracted, of course.

At first I was leery about using such an instrument on the screen, but since the screen was a bit marked up (ie, well-used) anyways I took the chance. I’ve used it several times instead of the stylus and haven’t noticed any ill effects, and it’s a decent substitute.

I don't use it all of the time, but it's handy when I'm using the pencil for old-school writing and switch back and forth between that and the Newton. Your experience may vary. Has anyone else tried this and noted any scratches?

Example of pencil here:

https://www.amazon.ca/BIC-Mechanical-Pencil-Medium-Pencils/dp/B00260X7F2

Gary