[NTLK] Converting Newton audio notes to Packages? (Sylvain Pilet)

Mark Kuberski berskyboy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:58:58 PDT 2022

HI

Futher to my post I have an update:

My MessagePad 2000 has 256Mb Compact Flash where I have saved / read the Torah (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) which are 187 audio notes. 72MB on the Newton.

I then exported to NCU (My G3 Classic PowerPC which is 88.4MB (a card backup)

I then restored to another Newton MessagePad 2100 using Sony Magic Gate Pro (it took 5 hours and only restored 31MB and 81 audio notes).  So not a successful restore.

I think the last time I did a restore to this same Newton with Compact Flash was faster and successful.

My question for the group is:

Is there a way to make the Compact Flash card read only via software?? I see a bunch of icons when you click the card icon to get details of the Compact Flash (one seemed to check colors to black and it made it read only)

Thanks as Aways to the best tech list!!!

Mark

Sent from my iPhone