[NTLK] Components needed to rebuild eMate300 batteries

Victor Rehorst victor at chuma.org
Wed Oct 19 18:35:54 PDT 2022

One component is the thermistor, this is the thing that other than the
battery that is wired to the battery connector. Without this, the eMate
will not recognize that a battery is installed and will not charge it.
According to this page from Daniel Padilla about hacking an MP2100 AA
tray to recharge in a MessagePad, a 10Kohm thermistor will work, and are
fairly common: http://dev.newtontalk.net/dpadilla/battery.htm

The other component is a thermal cutoff or "resettable fuse" that
connects two of the cells at the end opposite the battery connector.
Frank's battery rebuild instructions have a small photo of one.
Apparently it is designed to trigger if the battery temperatures exceed
55°C. I don't know that anyone ever determined the original manufacturer
or specs for this part. https://www.pda-soft.de/emate_battery_pack.html

The third component would be the battery connector itself; I hope you're
able to salvage them!

-Victor