[NTLK] Wireless Charging

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:27:08 PDT 2022

So,

My experimental wireless charging hardware arrived a few days ago. It consists of…

Wireless charging coil and chip that outputs 5v
Little voltage up-regulator (for converting to 7 or so volts for charging)

Unfortunately I can’t get the up-regulator to fit inside the Newton as-is. What would happen if I left it out, so that instead the charging-coil-and-chip fed the Newton a very small 5v current (via the barrel plug)? Would it charge at all or just remain inert?

I plan on testing this outside the Newton before internalizing it, but I thought someone here might know the answer to what is probably a silly question.