[NTLK] Wireless Charging

DXH dxh at woh.rr.com
Mon Mar 14 12:06:15 PDT 2022

Hi Noah,

For full charging to occur you need a voltage between 5.6v and 7.5v.

It will probably power up with as little as 4v but the current would be folded back and be flaky.

Unfortunately, you need the boost converter for the charger to work as is.

I don’t know what boost circuit you are using but there are a number available on Amazon that would fit just fine.

Also, in order that you don’t trash your Newt, you need to limit the boost output to 7.5v with a zener or you will end up killing the charging circuit. This usually happens if you attempt to set the voltage with the boost circuit hooked up. The cheaper circuits can have some nasty spikes that are just looking for something to mess up. You have to be careful to make sure to make sure dirty power is suppressed - especially when starting the boost circuit.

Have fun!

PCBman

Sent from my iPad