[NTLK] MP120, need schematic or anysuggestions

Eddie Chan eddie2chan at protonmail.com
Mon Mar 14 08:34:49 PDT 2022

hi all,
   Thanks to Frank for the advise.  I managed to work on the broken MP120 over the weekend.  I've also taken some photos (see my twitter link below).

   I've tested the fuse labeled "50" and it is fine.  I replaced the 2 x 220uF cap.  I also taken the motherboard our of the case and wired the battery inputs to a power supply (set to 5V & 500mA).

    When I pressed down on the Power slider,  I can hear a chime from the speaker, but no display.  I can see it draw some current ~170mA.  But after awhile, it seems to shut itself down (no current draw).  I checked the voltages on the 2 new capacitors and it shows 6V & 5V.

   This is how far I got so far.  Will continue investigating.

https://twitter.com/maded2/status/1503025852258263047?s=20&t=pJZz2T79ELTPgmzb72cjIw

Eddie