[NTLK] Wireless Charging Update

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 05:39:15 PST 2022

I’ve been having a great time this morning looking on aliexpress at all the different Qi charging modules, dc to dc converters, and even the serial-to-Bluetooth modules. I’m looking forward to seeing some of these things appear on a Newton internal board, and I’m very excited for that project.

Following up on my wireless charging experiment, I’ve ordered a charging receiver coil and board, which output to 5v. I wasn’t sure whether it generates enough current, but since it was only a couple of bucks I thought I’d give it a try. I also bought two voltage up-converters. One is rated for 5A (and seems more robust) and one is rated for 2A “max.” I’m a bit worried about using the smaller, 2A version, but the 5A, more robust version, will possibly not fit in the case.

Anyway, when the stuff arrives in a few weeks, I’ll test it first without any Newton attached and see what I discover.

Noah

—
Sent from my Apple Newton  ;-)
Get 20% off my documentary film