[NTLK] Apple Newton VideoPad prototype axed by Steve Jobs heads to auction block | AppleInsider

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Mon Oct 25 08:43:42 PDT 2021

So it would just be the briefcase with the Newton logo and that's it. Too bad I would have liked to discover a prototype that we don't know yet...

Nevertheless, what we see on this site (which we have all already visited, but from now on we will do it with more attention) are more extensions for Newton (OPM) and another model (at the crossroads of an MP2000 and a Marco http://cf.psl.msu.edu/videopads.gif) than a full Newton.
It is clear from the auction site that this project was in its infancy, as it was based on a Powerbook with a Newton look. Another project too far ahead of its time…

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]