[NTLK] Apple Newton VideoPad prototype axed by Steve Jobs heads to auction block | AppleInsider

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 06:34:52 PDT 2021

Ah, so they’re not Newtons, and now that I carefully read the description, I understand. This was probably some sort of plastic concept design, what OS it ran was probably not really important as it was meant to inspire people with the idea, not to actually work.

Interesting that there is mention of the VideoPad on this page: http://cf.psl.msu.edu/newtgal.htm, but it seems to be a completely different design concept. I guess there were at least three iterations, maybe more of a prop than anything else but still interesting. I like the one that looks like a flip-phone married a Palm Pilot.

noah