[NTLK] Apple Newton VideoPad prototype axed by Steve Jobs heads to auction block | AppleInsider

Michael Sheflin sheflinm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 21:57:09 PDT 2021

Correct, they predated the final Newton design.  What I am remembering is a
prose description of one of the devices.  I haven't seen the book since
1998.

The VideoPad 2 is stated to be - presumably appreciatively - from 1994-95.
Elsewhere, I read it was purchased from an engineer in 1999.

I see nothing but darkness through the ports on the first photo, so I
wonder if it is just a case.