[NTLK] NCX and emate300

Chris Rupnik chris.rupnik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 15:17:58 PDT 2021

Hi
 Inspired by the excellent support and encouragement - i spent the
afternoon making my own DB9-DIN8 or PC Newton cable. I was successful in
getting a connection and a backup of my emate - just once. For some reason
I cannot install the Toolkit app that allows for screen capture. That
operation timed out.

I do notice that if i start the NCX application without plugging in the
FTDI USB cable on my mac - the preferences show a
/dev/cu.usbserial-A104WPWX - but if i do plug it in and then start NCX the
preferences show simply a  usbserial-A104WPWX. I can only get the
connection to work successfully if i first start the application without
the USB cable in - and then close the connection screen, insert the cable -
and then start a new connection as was suggested in the zoom meeting. But
that doesn't allow the installation of the Toolkit app to successfully
install - even if i am able to perform a full backup successfully.

This is with Catalina, and this is with the latest released NCX - 3.0.2
(67).

Just a big thank you for everything - such a helpful community!

Chris