[NTLK] Battery Packs and Battery Trays

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 11 12:28:23 PDT 2021

Alan:

IMHO it is actually not all that difficult to rebuild a Newton battery pack properly (I have not done and cannot speak for the eMate). It just requires a steady hand—and lots and lots of patience.

As for the MP2x00: you are far better obtaining a AA battery “sled”. Buy some rechargeable alkaline NiMH AA cells—preferably 8, keeping 4 as spares on the charger—put the other 4 in the sled and put that into the Newton.

Last I saw these sleds were selling for a ridiculous price on eBay, but someone here might have one to offer.

I don’t believe there was a similar product made for the MP or eMate.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 11