[NTLK] Mixing NCK and NCU on Classic Mac OS 9

Alan Grassia alan.grassia at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 09:38:17 PDT 2021

Hello Newton Friends,

Now that I have an OMP up and running – it still needs a battery pack, but I’ll put that in a separate thread – I wanted to see about getting it talking to my Power Mac G4 with Classic Mac OS 9.2.1.

Does anyone know if it is possible to safely install both Newton Connect Utilities (NCU) v 1.0 and Newton Connection Kit (NCK) v2.0 on the same Classic Mac OS boot volume?

I have been reading the Newton FAQ, Ben Truesdale’s Newton Connection FAQ (https://web.archive.org/web/20080215200930/http://newted.dyndns.org/users/1f2frfbf/answers.html), and the read me files for NCU and NCK and I don’t recall seeing mention about having both tools installed on the same Mac at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Cheers,

Alan Grassia

OMP, MP 2000, MP 2100, eMate 300