[NTLK] eMate 300 charger

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Feb 25 09:27:28 PST 2021

As others have said in the past, it is best NOT to use standard universal charges.  Most of them are not regulated and can spike at times killing your Newton.  While if you get a EXPENSIVE regulated charger (think professional model used in repair shops) it should be safe.  Just save yourself a lot of  possible problems and use a Newton charger.

As it has also been said, any Newton charger will work.  The 9w models that came with the MP2x00 and eMates will charge it a LOT faster, but the old ones will still work.

Two suggestions though since it is a "new" or close to it eMate:
1. Check the battery Pack.  It is easy to do since there is a panel on the back specially for the battery pack.  Make sure it isn't leaking.  While it is uncommon, it is not impossible.  And if there is any leakage, clean the eMate throughly before you power it.

2. Get the hinges fixed as soon as possible.  With eMates it is not a matter of IF they will break and kill your video cable but WHEN.

-Dan