[NTLK] eMate 300 charger

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:06:45 PST 2021

Yes, if at all possible you should avoid any non-newton chargers, since they are known to fry newtons fairly regularly, even if the specs match.

However, does anyone electronically inclined know why this happens? I have heard that it’s power fluctuations and not very good quality regulation on the part of the adapter. If that’s the case, it should be possible to build a small, inexpensive device which sits in between the adapter and the newton and regulates the voltage (and maybe the current?). Has anyone got deeper knowledge of the Newton power system who could maybe tell me if this is a good idea, and what specifications we should shoot for to adapt an adapter?

This could solve the power problem for people who buy Newts without Newt adapters.

noah