[NTLK] Hiroshi / WaveLan Driver: WEP 40/64 & 128 Bit Key Bug ?

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Sun Apr 25 13:33:15 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

I am checking the compatibility of new Wifi cards with Hiroshi's WaveLan driver.
Do you remember any connection problem with WEP protection (either 40/64 or 128bit)?
- In WEP 128 ASCII (for compatible cards) there is no problem, it works fine.
- But in WEP 40/64 bit ASCII or 40/64 & 128 bit Hexadecimal it does not work at all.

I use the last release of WaveLan (the one where there is no more protection (so the free version that Hiroshi made available))
The hardware used is: several MP2k, an Airport A1088 and A1284 terminal.
I ask you this because I am validating new references, that I will add to MoreWifi, but I would have liked to be able to test all the Wep modes (40/64 and 128 bit) in order to make a table with all the good information. I also take the opportunity to validate or not some cards of the original driver (without MoreWifi).

So if you have any information about these 40/64 and 128 bit WEP key problems, I am interested.

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]