[NTLK] Simulating the Newton: new version!

Grant Hutchinson splorp at mac.com
Wed Sep 30 15:35:52 PDT 2026


> On Sep 30, 2026, at 3:51 PM, Matthias Melcher <m.melcher at robowerk.de> wrote:
> 
>> Oddly enough, when I double-click a .newtonpkg file, it launches 1Password ... I think my
>> launch services database needs rebuilding.
> 
> Yeah, there are many name conflicts. The easiest is to use .nspgk as the file name extension.

Rebuilding the launch service database using Cocktail didn’t help.

Just not sure why it’s launching 1Password instead of TextEdit which is defined as the default “Open With...” application.

I’ll tinker with this a bit more. I’m sure there’s a way to correct the file association.


> This was specifically built to implement all calls needed by nBattleship 1.4 (in development/sources on Unna). Many other apps launch, but are unusable at this point. If there is sufficient interest in this tool, I can try to focus on another package that is worth supporting, increasing compatibility over time.

Personally, I would love to see sound implemented.

I really want to play with NR404 or BleepMaker on my Mac.

https://www.unna.org/view.php?/applications/NR404
https://www.unna.org/view.php?/applications/BleepMaker

g.




More information about the NewtonTalk mailing list