[NTLK] MP2100 Internals--Original Location of Spacing Piece

apenultimate apenultimate at fastmail.com
Sat Oct 3 17:40:05 PDT 2026


Hi All,

I've found that none of my 3 MP2100s--which all still boot up when plugged into the wall--have battery enclosures that successfully allow a battery tray or batter pack to power them.  Lots of corrosion within the enclosure where the trays/battery packs slide into.

So, I've opened one of them up to access the battery enclosure area, and I think I've successfully cleaned it up.  However, when taking the back cover off the MP2100 for the first time, a "spacing piece" falls out from the unit.  This is expected, as shown at 1:25 in the following Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN-KQv2z7RE

Unfortunately, in that video, the spacing piece has already fallen out of wherever it started, and I don't know where to put it back into when I close this thing up!

Any thoughts would be helpful.  Is this spacer even needed at all?

Idomeneus


More information about the NewtonTalk mailing list