[NTLK] Apple Newton MessagePad 120 Connection Cables.

Tom tom+newtontalk at falkensweb.com
Thu Jul 4 06:43:36 PDT 2024

On Monday, 1 July 2024 07:05:49 BST Martin Harding wrote:
> I am looking to buy Apple Newton MessagePad 120 Connection Cables.

Where are you based ? I'm in the UK, or at least Europe :)
What do you want to connect to at the other end, and what connectors does that have ?

> Does anyone know where I can buy them from ?

I got a

http://applenewton.co.uk/2019/04/30/best-usb-to-rs232-cable-for-ncx-and-newtons/[1]

For my 110, and they are fab. Just works to connect a 1.x Newton to a modern computer's USB port, where it shows up as a plain old serial device.

Software... That's another thing :)
You might want to use something like my retro virtual machine :
https://rachaelandtom.info/content/newton-windows-linux[2]

--
Tom
MessagePad 110 owner and, in case it's not obvious, geek.

--------
[1] http://applenewton.co.uk/2019/04/30/best-usb-to-rs232-cable-for-ncx-and-newtons/
[2] https://rachaelandtom.info/content/newton-windows-linux