[NTLK] eMate 300 and NCX

Stephen Pereira stephen.m.pereira.sr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 10:14:04 PDT 2024

Hopefully, someone can help me out of this situation:

Years ago, I purchased an eMate 300, and I jumped through all the hoops to learn that the old tools from back in the day don’t seem to work any more.  I ended up with NCX on my MacBook Pro, and I managed to connect with my eMate and do a backup.

Today, when I start up NCX, it brings up the system information for the eMate and indicates that it was last backed up in 2022.

However, I now am using a different laptop that I was before, and I am having trouble to get NCX and the eMate connected.  If I bring up NCX on the MacBook first and then connect up the eMate cables and try to dock, the eMate says that it couldn’t establish a connection.  If I have the eMate all connected to the MacBook with the cables first, and then bring up NCX on the MacBook and try to dock from the eMate, the same thing happens.

I can see on my MacBook that the Prolific USB-to-RS232 cable is attached - when I plug in the cable to the MacBook, it asks if I want to allow this device to connect, and It shows up in the USB connections in the System Information.

Of course, I am now using a MackBook Pro with the Apple M1 processor, so the system is translating NCX, which I am sure was written for an Intel processor.

Is there anyone out there using a Mac with an M1 processor to connect NCX to an eMate?  Any hints or tips?

Thanks in advance!

smp
- - -
Stephen Pereira