[NTLK] New-to-me Newton 2100

Grant Hutchinson splorp at mac.com
Fri Aug 2 15:01:38 PDT 2024

> On Jul 30, 2024, at 11:18 AM, Stephen Pereira <stephen.m.pereira.sr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have not been here is quite a while. Thanks for having me back.

Hey Stephen.

Sorry for the lack of replies here ... the list gets rather quiet over the summer months.

> My goal is to get NS BASIC running on this Newton. Any hints or tips about that?

Generally, the first place to ask is on the list.

But there are other options listed in the Newton FAQ:

http://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIA2

> In the meantime, I will be running this one through its paces on the power pack alone. Any issues with that?

Nope. I do it all the time.

> Leave the dead rechargeable pack in or take it out?

That’s up to you. As long as the pack isn’t leaking or damaged, it doesn’t hurt to leave it in place.

g.