[NTLK] 2000 battery pack temperature switch

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 16:52:22 PDT 2023

On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 4:46 PM Christian Burk <omahane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was following these steps (
> https://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html)
> on rebuilding a Newton 2000 battery pack.....Does anyone know what that

switch is?
> Yours,
> Christian

Dear Christian,
Frank's website is a great resource when rebuilding.

I took apart the Rechargeable Packs before and reused the parts to convert
a Battery Tray  so I can use NiMH AA cells.
Take a look at the photos I have here. (These are two sets of photos I took
when I made revision 1 and 2)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/albums/72057594074185913/with/107275162/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/albums/72057594079049821
Set 2 I have a diagram at the end on how I did my conversions with
simplified instructions.
Similar to reverse engineering like the take apart of a Rechargeable Pack.

There are two important parts are a) Polycell Fuse and the b) Thermistor.
I don;t know the specs as I'm not as technical as others here.
Others should be able to chime in on this to give more technical specs.
I hope this helps.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family