[NTLK] Rebuilding 2000/2100 Rechargeable Battery Pack

Michael Sheflin sheflinm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 08:00:38 PDT 2023

Hi, I didn't immediately find a thread in the archives.  I would like to
rebuild a dead rechargeable battery pack for a MessagePad 2000.

Does anyone know what and how many replacement batteries I should get, and
whether I can reuse or will need to replace the electronics (and what's
there?  a thermistor?  anything else)?

I assume I might get more info on replacement components once I open it -
any advice on how to do that without breaking the outer case?  I would
guess it's glued?

I tried this before with a Powerbook 3400 battery and for whatever reason
it ultimately wouldn't recharge, so any help would be appreciated

Thanks very much,
Michael Sheflin