[NTLK] Tibet plus Epson = Love

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 07:11:47 PDT 2023

I’m delighted to report that the Epson PhotoPC 850z camera I bought works very well with Tibet. I was able to connect to the camera using a modified serial cable, download and view photos on my Newt. From there the only option is to e-mail them.

I was able to increase the storage on my Newt to 512GB+ with Paul’s ATA driver.

I was thinking of some fun uses for this, and what I came up with is the idea of posting the photos directly to an Instagram account. It brings to mind the old Newtons Around the World photos.

My proposed workflow would be:

Camera to Newton, newton to email, email to wordpress site (via Plugin of some sort), Wordpress site to Instagram (via plugin).

Unless anyone has a better toolchain idea.

If I have some time over the next year I’ll see if I can put all the pieces in place.