[NTLK] Charging via the Interconnect port

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:10:27 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I’ve been tinkering with the idea of charging via a single sync cable. Thanks to Matthias’s work, I’ve got a prototype interconnect connector, and thanks to Pawel and others I’ve soldered together a serial to usb adapter, and now the final piece of the puzzle is to solder on a voltage regulator. I’ve been using this document to help:

https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/computing/apple/newton/n2-nidg.pdf#page8

My problem is that it doesn’t list the charging voltage anywhere. I would assume it would be 7.4v same as the Newton adapter, but I’d like not to fry the Newt by accident. Does anyone know?

Noah