[NTLK] Experienced any sticky Newton devices lately?

Gene beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 7 12:22:28 PST 2023

Sadly, it doesn’t really seem to offer up anything useful to do, other than to keep the device in a temperature-stable, dry environment.

I run into this often with old/antique vehicles.  I have, so far, found little to help other than removing the sticky surface, which sometimes reveals an underlayment that’s a different texture and/or color.  And yes, if you have ANYTHING wrapped in a rubber band, get it off ASAP.  Those things dissolve into a sticky goo that’s just nasty to deal with, and can stain the surface of what they’ve been used on.

So I have a dog in this hunt.  All I found in that link was the recommendation to heat/A/C our shop.  :-(

Regards,

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas