[NTLK] Old Newton Development Devices

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Sat Dec 2 06:05:29 PST 2023

Sorry for the late reply.

I am relatively sure that I can now read the complete content of PCMCIA cards with Hammer from physical MP2x00s. I will try to post a step-by-step description how to do that so that everyone with a PCMCIA card and some patience can secure the content of their cards.

PCMCIA cards are usually 85.6 by 54.0 mm. Later micor PCMCIA cards and express cards were smaller. CF cards are smaller and similar. The length of the card doesn;t really matter if it is for internal testing only, and if it sits in a case, it can still be inserted and ejected just fine. Maybe Apple just uses raw cards here that are big enough for the RAM chips.