[NTLK] Odd Question about External Keyboard

Mark Kuberski berskyboy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:36:24 PST 2022

Hi,

So I’ve attached the Newton external keyboard to my setup in my TARDIS room.  With an old Newton MessagePad 120 (with OS 2.0).

The question is, is there an app that I can use to make sounds by using the keyboard?  I looked a a few apps that allowed me to play chords, put musical notes and play them, even dialers giving the pulse tones, but I don’t see if there is any app that lets you use the keyboard to make sounds.  This being a “toy” for my son, when we play in the room as if we are astronauts from NASA, or better yet Star Trek crew pushing buttons, making things click, buzz, sound etc.  We did a few videos using Newton, Start Trek props, it was quite fun.  Adventures with my son that I can cherish later. LOL.

I also thought if a way to type a code or letters on the keyboard then make sounds like the MorseCode app, which just beeps coz the MessagePad 120 must not be supported.

Just thought I would give you folks a fun one to think about.

Cheers,
Mark