[NTLK] Question about Apple branded 2mb linear flash cards

Victor Rehorst victor at chuma.org
Thu May 19 14:01:19 PDT 2022

It's very likely to be Intel Series II linear flash, which I don't
believe have hardware-level wear leveling implementations.

However, the Newton OS' storage layer does apparently attempt to batch
and distribute card writes to improve performance and flash longevity.

I found this information in the list archives, though I couldn't find a
primary source for it in my seconds of searching.  If anyone knows where
this is documented, please chime in.

-V