[NTLK] Metamorphosis

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Thu Mar 17 05:59:03 PDT 2022

> On 17. Mar 2022, at 12:54, Sylvain Pilet <sylvain at pilet.net> wrote:
>
> Knowing that a Watson ROM is not 100% an Apple ROM. In the sense that Shlumberger has introduced code. Lock code only it seems.
>
> The problem with the FR ROM is that we will have to find a Y2010 patch, and a trick to remove the Shlumberger part or to bypass it or disable it. Because you can't install almost anything, starting with NIE...

Finding the spots for the Y2010 patch should no be too difficult. I can disassemble the ROM and search for code that looks similar to the US and D version. It's unlikely that Schlumberger changed the core code. They only added the security that block non-Schlumberger software.

But that should also be easy to find and disable. I will put that on my quickly growing todo list.

BTW: does the Watson have ROM Boards as well? DO they look the same? I know that eMate ROM boards look different, but do they have the same pinout? Not that it makes much sense to run an eMate ROM on a MP2100, if that is possible at all. Or even the other way around, which is very unlikely to work.