[NTLK] Bluetooth Newton keyboard (was: The more you know)

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Tue Apr 19 14:00:48 PDT 2022

> On Apr 19, 2022, at 1:09 PM, Doug <ispinn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The more I know about the Newton keyboard, the more I want it Bluetooth.
>
> The following link is for the oh, so sexy, Palm, four part, folding
> keyboard. I'm dreaming of either using one of its bluetooth enabled units,
> or a bluetooth enabled Newton keyboard connecting to my newton... or both.
>
> https://hackaday.com/2022/02/08/palm-portable-keyboard-goes-wireless

Ok, the Palm Portable Keyboard is the same hardware as the Stowaway keyboard (by Think Outside) that we connected to the Newton oh so many years ago.

<https://web.archive.org/web/20180617092155/http://splorp.com/newton/stowaway>

Although the physical connection of this particular adapter design might need to be modified depending on which version of the keyboard you are working with, the pinouts are the same. As long as you have Daniel Padilla’s Stowaway driver on the Newton, a Bluetooth connection should work. Theoretically, anyway.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Interweb Custodian