[NTLK] Einstein version 2022.4.17 ready for download, your input needed

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Wed Apr 6 06:10:25 PDT 2022

On 4/6/2022 7:26 AM, NewtonTalk wrote:
>> 1. I can't seem to set the time properly.  It is always a hour early, and
> I can't manually change it.  I try and it just ignores any changes.
>
> This is because the time of the host computer is used. I already filed a bug
> because I think the Newton should be allowed to live in its own time/date
> sphere. I can imagine situations where this might become necessary at least
> temporarily. In my opinion the best solution would be to set the emulated
> machine's time to the time of the host computer when Einstein is started for
> the first time, but allow the user to change things in the Einstein
> settings. Simply ignoring something that worked since 1997 (well, at least
> on real hardware) isn't a good solution from a user interface point of view.
> Especially if the user isn't informed about the fact that what he's about to
> do isn't going to work. I'm contemplating not offering the time/date window
> in NewtTest at all when NewtTest is running under Einstein. It simply
> wouldn't make sense to provide a means to change something that can't be
> changed.
>
> Frank

Yes I figured as much, however, there is a checkbox in the set up for "use host machine time".  And unchecking this does nothing.  Even more strange since it is a hour off.  If it is supposed to use the host machine time, why isn't it? :)

Thanks for confirming it isn't something I am doing wrong. :)

-Dan