[NTLK] Einstein version 2022.4.17 ready for download, your input needed

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Wed Apr 6 04:26:58 PDT 2022

> 1. I can't seem to set the time properly.  It is always a hour early, and
I can't manually change it.  I try and it just ignores any changes.

This is because the time of the host computer is used. I already filed a bug
because I think the Newton should be allowed to live in its own time/date
sphere. I can imagine situations where this might become necessary at least
temporarily. In my opinion the best solution would be to set the emulated
machine's time to the time of the host computer when Einstein is started for
the first time, but allow the user to change things in the Einstein
settings. Simply ignoring something that worked since 1997 (well, at least
on real hardware) isn't a good solution from a user interface point of view.
Especially if the user isn't informed about the fact that what he's about to
do isn't going to work. I'm contemplating not offering the time/date window
in NewtTest at all when NewtTest is running under Einstein. It simply
wouldn't make sense to provide a means to change something that can't be
changed.

Frank