[NTLK] 2000 not switching on

Rob Moody robmoody at fundamental-learning.com
Tue Sep 7 14:03:11 PDT 2021

Hi Michael,
Yes I did open the case and removed the rear cover so I could get a better look at the battery bay….while there was a bit of green oxidation around that uniquely Newton designed battery terminal…which I removed with vinegar….there seemed to be no obvious signs of oxidation on the board itself…but I did not go any further for fear of breaking something…but an interesting thing was that I hadn’t noticed before that the board had a funny “Q” like symbol and an image of a Newton “Newt” on it plus a “2001” sticker inside the port bay…

Sent from my iPhone