[NTLK] Apple Newton VideoPad prototype axed by Steve Jobs heads to auction block | AppleInsider

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 16:51:44 PDT 2021

What is almost as interesting to me is the description of the device on the page. This is an alternate Newton history I knew nothing about. Kind of the successor of the AT&T picturephone, but definitely not quite FaceTime. Does anyone know the story of the Newton VideoPads? If I were to do another film, it would be really interesting to follow up this thread and see who was involved with it and can talk about it.

I emailed the auctioneer but I don’t know if I will hear back.

Noah