[NTLK] Newton OS 2.x Data Transfer Suggestions

Alan Grassia alan.grassia at gmail.com
Fri May 21 18:04:54 PDT 2021

Hello Newton Friends,

I have been learning more about how my MessagePad, eMate, and Newton OS 2.x works.

After reading the Transferring data to and from the Newton section on NewtonFAQ.com and some of the archived discussions here on Newton Talk.  I wanted to know if the group has any suggestions or recommendations about which data transfer/sync tools work best for them.  I am interested in exporting and transferring contacts, notes, and images.

I have a 15-inch iMac (iLamp) G4 that can dual-boot Mac OS 9.2.2 and Mac OS X 10.2.8 and a PowerMac G4 tower in a similar dual-boot configuration.  I also have the appropriate sync cables and adapters.

Suggestions and tips welcome.

Cheers,

Alan Grassia

MessagePad 2000, MessagePad 2100, eMate 300

Website: http://blog.smartphonefanatics.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/alanmgrassia

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alangrassia