[NTLK] New Messagepad eMate 300 - What First?

Jim C. guardsix6 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:49:12 PST 2021

Ok, I just received my Apple eMate 300. It was in its original box with all the manuals and everything. This doesn’t look like it’s ever been used. The hinge on the eMate does seem very stiff. Is there something I need to know about on this hinge to prevent any future damage?

I’m really surprised about how pristine these whole package came. It looks like the seal was broken on the plastic bag containing the eMate, but it also looks like the original bag the eMate was sold in. I have a original power adapter and two other cables, a Newton Serial Cable for Windows-based computers and an Apple System/Peripheral-8 Cable also in a plastic bag. I didn’t think there were original, never used complete sets of this 1997 Apple products still around.

If anyone wants to give me some pointers on what to do or not to do with this apparently new Apple eMate 300, I sure would appreciate them.

Thanks!

Jim Chapman
Guardsix6 at gmail.com <mailto:guardsix6 at gmail.com>