[NTLK] Anyone heard from Steve Weyer recently?

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Fri Mar 5 10:43:41 PST 2021

Steve,

Regarding the distribution on GitHub of NTK project files on MacOS.
Mark Manson explains the procedure in his DashBoard GitHub.

You need to put your files together, preferably (!) using a Mac with MacOS other than MacOSX (or via an emulator, BasiliskII or SheepShaver).
Then put everything about your project in a folder (if it is not already the case).
Once this is done in MacOS "classic", your folder must be accessible to MacOSX (at least until version 10.11.6, I haven't tested beyond that).
In MacOSX you place yourself in the folder with your favorite terminal. And split the files with the command

> SplitForks .

This will split the files into separate files and resources, and you put it all on Github, preferably on the command line so that no file is left out since all resource names start with a . (the ones that make them invisible to the MacOSX interface). But it also works with GitHub Desktop, if you're uncomfortable with Github commands.

Mark explains this in better English than I do here:
https://github.com/masonmark/Dash-Board-for-Newton-OS#howtobuild

> Le 5 mars 2021 à 15:46, Stephen Weyer via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> a écrit :
> a separate topic recently discussed here — about NSBasic source — reminded me
> I had intended to open source all of my Newton software: Newt’s Cape, NewtDev, newtVNC, etc.
> (the beer license sounds great).
>
> I had created a github account, but I wasn’t sure that I had the correct tools / process / result.
> if anyone else there wants to help with the conversion of NTK projects,
> it would happen faster and be appreciated by all, I assume
>
> Steve

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]