[NTLK] Fwd: Getting the Newton 2000/2100 online. What's your suggestions?

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 25 16:16:51 PDT 2021

Try Newt’s Cape, but don’t expect more than text—at least, that’s been my experience. Depending on how complicated the HTML or whatever on the site is, you might get nothing—or nothing that’s usable, anyway.

Another browser is NetHopper, but I have rarely been able to get it to work properly.

Grant recently mentioned one that is supposed to be far superior as far as results—if you search through the NTLK archives you can probably find his post, or perhaps he will share it again.

Getting around the SSL thing is not all that difficult. EarthLink offers a paid email service which doesn’t utilize SSL, but it’s about $18 a month. Marisa Giancarlo (I hope I got that right) offers FREE non-SSL email through http://newtoncity.org/ .

MailV is by far the best email application for the Newton.

There is a certain great joy in downloading email on the Newton, writing a reply or two, and then sending it. Years later, it’s still a thrill.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 11