[NTLK] Getting email working on MP2100 using SimpleMail

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 25 14:03:57 PDT 2021

Don’t use Simple Mail! MailV is also from Simon Bell and is soooo much better.

One of the better features is MailV Assistant, which allows you to look at and change your settings, if you are having trouble.

Marisa’s choice is likely best; I use EarthLink, which (like Marisa’s) also does not use SSL, which the Newton can’t handle. It is about $18 a month (and is also a web portal); I have been availing myself of its services since 1999, when it was much cheaper and also known as MindSpring. Last I heard, Marisa’s is free to use.

Many here in NTLK employ MailV for Newton email, including the inestimable Noah Leon, creator of the excellent and award-winning film “Love Notes to Newton.” I also send and receive mail from my MP2100, from time to time.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 11