[NTLK] Einstein 2020.4.11 BETA3

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Sun Feb 28 05:05:54 PST 2021

Matthias,

Cool :-)

Now we have two "PCMCIA" ports available!
Thanks a lot Matthias :-)

Recording to the Flash file works well (from a file extracted from a real card (Apple 2Mb)).

On the other hand on my test machine (my MacPro in 10.11.6) Einstein is much slower than version 2020.4.9.
For example in version 2020.4.11 it is impossible to play LunarLander because there is almost a second between the moment you type and the moment the Newton executes the order, whereas on the 2020.4.9 it is fluid. These slowdowns are present everywhere. Whether or not there is a flash "card" inserted.

There is always the bug of not refreshing the menu bar (text & icons) when you rotate the screen on Mac… especially when you come back to the vertical position.

> Le 28 févr. 2021 à 11:44, Matthias Melcher <m.melcher at robowerk.de> a écrit :
>
> Hi Newtonians,
>
> a few of you asked and even tried to compile Einstein themselves. So I did publish a new Beta version that is mostly focused on adding Flash-PCCard support. I will try to add documentation tonight, but I though, hey, it's Sunday. Maybe a few of you have time to experiment... .
>> Have fun.
>
> - Matthias

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net