[NTLK] eMate 300 charger

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 26 11:52:41 PST 2021

<snip>Still, it is possible to get a professional grade charger that a repair shop would have that is regulated, protected, and ONLY gives the power it is set to.  But they cost a lot more than a Newton charger (and you have to know what kind to get of course).</snip>

Yes. While I appreciate the discussion on a suitable substitute for the original power adapter, the question remains: Why not just purchase that original power adapter?

There seems to be a good supply of them still available—and, unlike the Dongle, at reasonable prices. I’m certain there will come a time when there are few to be found...but by then we will probably all be using Matthias’ Einstein on various devices, our Newtons long gone, victims of time and use.

It reminds me of the successful marketing campaign Xerox used in the 70s—“It’s just as good as a Xerox.” https://youtu.be/8AMp5LEIRgg

Why not just get the real thing?

(Still, it IS a very interesting discussion.)

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 11