[NTLK] eMate 300 charger

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Fri Feb 26 11:00:24 PST 2021

Another thing to consider, the interconnect port is quite fragile.  I wouldn't want to use it for charging or powering my Newton.  Perhaps if one made an internal board that added another connector and allowed charging (perhaps like the USB boards but with a few modifcations to allow charging).

But, personally, I think it would be better to either find a charger with the exact specs or make a 'safety module" that one could plug in between the newton and a universal charger to prevent spikes or otherwise damage the newton.

Still, it is possible to get a professional grade charger that a repair shop would have that is regulated, protected, and ONLY gives the power it is set to.  But they cost a lot more than a Newton charger (and you have to know what kind to get of course).

-Dan