[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 86, Issue 15

Ionos: robowerk.de m.melcher at robowerk.de
Fri Feb 26 06:56:23 PST 2021

On 2/26/2021 3:58 AM, Mark Kuberski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Matthais,
>
> I wanted to try and incorporate the PCMCIA data cards changes you put in FLTK into iOS Xcode.  What files did you change?  I could copy those into the Xcode I have that runs and creates an Einstein iOS App.  Or will this not work?  Even a description of what changes you made, the pseudo code would be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark,

the core changes are in Emulator/PCMCIA/TLinearCard.cpp . These changes
implement the actual card emulation. Writing the contents of the card
back to a file on the device is only done when Einstein quits. This is
bad for iOS since apps never externally quit. I will have to implement
some timer that writes actual changes every few seconds or so.

There is also a lot of code that manages creation of cards, and the user
interface to insert cards, mostly in app/TFLSettings*.cpp . There is new
code to insert and eject card in Emulator/Platform/TPlatformManager.cpp

You can look at what exactly changed here:

https://github.com/pguyot/Einstein/commits/matt2020

I also did a few tiny changed in the Network emulation that should
probably be backported.