[NTLK] Help building Einstein on Ubuntu

Ionos: robowerk.de m.melcher at robowerk.de
Mon Feb 22 16:09:48 PST 2021

On 2/22/2021 11:58 AM, Marisa Giancarla via NewtonTalk wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a build for Einstein but when running the
> ./build.sh I get some errors. Attached you can see what I am seeing.
> This is a 32-bit Ubuntu 20.04 installation and as far as I know I have
> all the prerequisites installed. Anyone help me set this up?

Hi Marisa,

I assume that you try to compile the 'master' branch of Paul's Einstein
GitHub archive. The master branch is occasionally updated by Paul. I am
not sure if he tests the Linux build regularly. His main platform is
Apple IIRC.

I branched quite a while ago, so GitHub has a new branch called
'matt2020' which uses FLTK as the cross-platform user interface library,
removing most of the platform specific code from Einstein.

Unfortunately, both branches are quite different now, and I was not able
to merge them back. On the good side, I do build the MSWindows, Apple,
and Linux version quite regularly. Build instructions should be quite
current:

https://github.com/pguyot/Einstein/blob/matt2020/BUILDING.md

The current HEAD has not been tested on Linux yet, but should compile.
The v2020.4.7 tag is the latest official release for all platforms and
should compile using those instructions. I will release v20202.4.11 for
all platforms probably next weekend.

No information on Android or iOS at this point, sorry.

  - Matthias