[NTLK] Einstein on iOS

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Sun Feb 14 01:13:25 PST 2021

Hmm, the github page https://github.com/pguyot/Einstein contains the
original code by Paul Guyot. I have not touched the master branch much
in the last years. The master branch also contains the (still?) working
iOS code from eleven years ago. It was last touched by Steven Frank
maybe six years ago.

My code (serial port, PCMCIA code, cross platform user interface based
on FLTK, new Android code) is in a branch named "matt2020".

I have tried to keep the branches in sync, and I have moved changes that
others made in "master" over to "matt2020" when it was feasible. That
means that my code probably no longer works at all on iOS, but the
original iOS code, that you may get to run again, is quite different to
my branch of Einstein.

Sorry about that. Branching is never a good solution. iOS has changed so
much over the years. My original port was done with minimal knowledge,
and after Apple rejected Einstein from the Store, I never looked into
iOS development again.

It would be really cool to get Einstein on iOS working again though!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Matthias Melcher

---